Announcing that you are pregnant to a one night stand is probably among the hardest things you will ever have to carry out in your life. However, you have to recognize that it is up to you to prepare yourself first and foremost, prior to anybody else ends up being associated with this life changing matter.
1. Ensure you do not simply hurry into informing him immediately. The factor for this is due to the fact that you will need to make a decision on ways to continue with the pregnancy – with or without the help of the daddy – need to the received reaction be unfavorable or not exactly what you had actually wished for.
2. When you have actually processed the news, gone to the doctor and ultimately made clear cut plans on whether to keep the child or not, you must then choose how involved or uninvolved you desire the father to be in your life and in your child’s life, must you decide to keep the kid. Consider concerns that you must consider before you tell the dad. Such questions could be:
- Could you depend upon him to help you with the training and upkeep of this little life?
- Is he stable/grounded enough to be able to handle this?
- Would you be willing to obtain to understand this individual a bit better?
- Is he the type of male you desire as part of your child’s life, and if you think so, how can you know this so early?
Image titled Announce Pregnancy to a One Night Stand Step 33
When you choose to ring or text him to meet him, know that he might believe you are calling him to act on the night you invested together. The reception you receive may be cold if that’s not what he wants.
3. Be straight, company and to the point. Prevent blubbering or weeping, and do not simply blurt it out. Tell him that you have to talk with him and were hoping he would have the ability to meet you for a walk (some location public) or a coffee (some place quiet). If he asks why, tell him that you are in company and can’t talk at the minute. If you can, aim to discuss that it’s not that you desire a relationship of any sort, that this has to do with a totally unassociated matter. If he concurs, arrange an appropriate location and time. If he says no after you have actually continued then you are going to either need to inform him over the phone or compose him a letter if you have an address.
4. Start the discussion by method of normal introduction, ‘How are you’ and so on. Take a deep breath and state ‘The night we spent together, a few weeks back, something must have failed. I went to the physician recently and he validated my suspicions, I’m pregnant’. He’ll probably go into shock and will not know what to say so you’re most likely better off if you keep talking after the initial punch line. Inform him that you felt he had a right to understand. Then inform him what you have actually chosen to do about it, that you have thought things through and he can have as much or as little participation as he desires, that the choice is up to him.
5. Be gotten ready for a number of responses. They can range from total denial, that he couldn’t have actually fathered a kid, that it was someone else’s child, to finish acceptance, that he will support you in whatever you choose to do. But there could also be anger/aggression. If this is the case, you need to remember that you have simply told this guy he’s about to dad a kid with someone he barely understands, so if he does get angry, take a deep breath, inform him you’re sorry he feels that way which if he want to contact you again at a later date it’s fine with you.
6. If he is accepting the news with grace, you can talk things out a bit more and go from there. If he leaves quickly, then it’s best to let him go. Screaming, pressing for answers and attempting to trap a male will never work and if anything it will just make things even worse. Allow him the time to process the details and take responsibility for his own involvement in all of this. If he is any method fully grown, you will find that he will contact you again as soon as he has accepted that is going to be a dad. If he doesn ´ t contact you after this, you and the child are better off without him in your lives.
Latest posts by Sammie D. Sheehan (see all)
- How to Create an Art Journal Like the Book “Tokyo on Foot” - June 30, 2016
- How to Create and Pitch an Idea for a Reality TV Show - June 30, 2016
- How toCreate a Studio for Interrelated Media - June 30, 2016